Member – California Shuffleboard Association
50 S. Lyon Ave., Suite E124, Hemet, Ca. 92543
BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2016-2017
PRESIDENT: George Hayes 3600 W. Florida Sp. 952 Hemet, Ca. 92545 (951)299-6565
VICE PRESIDENT: Tootie Chittenden 5001 W Florida #586 Hemet, Ca 92545 (760)219-8684
SECRETARY: Janet Langemeier 134 Mayfair Lane Hemet, Ca 92545 (951)926-6768
TREASURER: Harlan Mathews 907 Raquel Ct. Hemet, Ca 92545 (760)580-5637
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE Rocky Raver 2213 El Toro Circle Hemet, Ca 92545 (760)809-3825
Michael Garrett 465 Lyle Dr Hemet, Ca 92545 (951)325-8550
Carol Anderson 7970 Doyle Cir Hemet, Ca 92545 (951)923-4372
Carol Blasingame 253 Glenview Ln Hemet, Ca 92545 (951)492-1047
District 7 General Meeting Minutes-Jan. 7, 2017 – Sierra Dawn Southeast
BOARD AND EX COMMITTEE PRESENT: George Hayes, Tootie Chittenden, Janet Langemeier, Rocky Raver, Michael Garrett, Carol Blasingame, Carol Anderson & Harlan Mathews.
CALL TO ORDER, FLAG SALUTE, INSTALLATION & ROLL CALL: President George Hayes called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m. Following the Flag Salute, George asked for a minute of silence for Karla Winget as she is ill.
Roll call of clubs: Clubs Absent: Sun City. All other club presidents were present or had a representative.
MINUTES: Minutes were approved with one correction. Seven Hills has only 2 shuffleboard teams this year.
- TREASURER’S REPORT: Harlan report that the District 7 picnic that was held last fall cost $473.00. The checking account balance is $3,785.76 with more to deposit today.
- CLUB REPORTS:
COLONIAL COUNTRY CLUB: It was reported that Debbie Gibson has had a liver & kidney transplant and is doing well..
EDEN ROC Joan Fernandez is president this year.
EL GRANDE ESTATES: El Grande Shuffle player, John Hays won 1st place in the Hall of Fame Tournament.
FOOTHILLS OF HEMET: No report.
GOLDEN VILLAGE PALMS: Two thank you letters were read by Jay Davidson. Thanks went to Larry Bell, Head of Hall of Fame, and curator, Helen Bell. Helen explained the award has been given to players that have a passion for the game and give back to Shuffleboard. 72 players competed in the ‘Hall of Fame’ Tournament this year. Seven were from Palm Springs. Thanks to Nelda Lichtwald, head score keeper, and George Hayner, head ref for all their help. There has been some water damage to the ‘Hall of Fame’ wall. Repair is taking place. CSA Hall of Fame next year will start on Tues., Dec. 26, 2017.
HEMET MUNI: No Report
HEMET WEST: 85 Shufflers and guests attended the Hemet West Christmas Party. Paul Epps took 3rd in Hall of Fame tournament.
HERITAGE RANCH: Shuffleboard Facility will have air conditioning.
MOUNTAIN SHADOWS: No report.
PANORAMA VILLAGE: No report.
SEVEN HILLS: We’re gearing up for Classic..
SIERRA DAWN SOUTH: No report.
SIERRA DAWN SOUTHEAST: Sharon DiChiro won 2nd place in the championship at the Hall of Fame Tournament.
SUN CITY: Not in attendance.
VILLA DEL MONTE: No report.
- Classic Report: George stated there are 17 teams that will play in the CLASSIC this year. We lost two Arizona teams but added another Hemet Team. The Tournament will conclude with a luncheon on Friday.
- Linda Goggin was thanked for her great job on the 2017 directory. Also, a thank you card was sent to the District from Rita and was available to see after the meeting.
- Nominating Committee: Michael Garrett reported the following Sufflers will be on the ballot for the Distrct 7 board at our May meeting: President, Sharyn Dichiro, Vice President: Michael Garrett; Secretary: Janet Langemeier, Treasurer: Harlan Mathews; Board: Carol Anderson, Ruby Best, Linda Goggin, George Hayner, Dennis Iszler. Nominations may be made from the floor at the May meeting.
- Marty Boyajian Award Committee: Carol Anderson stated that they have received 5 nominations for this years award. Names can be submitted no later than Jan. 11, 2016.
- Head Referee: New Referee Test: It has been decided to redo our “Referee Test”. George and Rocky will review old tests that have been used and put together a two page test which will be used at Referee classes. This will be an open book test. He also stated that there is no rule about referees standing on the board to make a call. Also, the club president can designate a head ref for league games. George will be holding a referee class soon.
- WEBSITE: Carol Blasingame informed the group that our website isn’t up and running at this time. Since the District has no credit/or debit card it wasn’t paid for. Free options offer fewer pages. It’s a lot to keep up. Motion to bring up free option and hook up with wordpress. Vote: Opposed. Motion that District 7 have our own website and the District handle payments cost being approx. $149 per year and $14.95 for domain. Second. Passed.
NEW BUSINESS: None
DISCUSSION FROM THE FLOOR
George stated that Linda Goggin will let all players in Dist. Challenge (Jan. 21st) know what time they will be playing. Also, referees and score keepers are needed.
Also the issue of fast boards was brought up. District 7 has no authority on board dressing. It was suggested that the beads & cornmeal need to be mixed in box before use.
UPCOMING DATES & TOURNAMENTS
Feb. 18-19: Rookie (SDSE): Please come and help if you can.
March 27-31: Classic
Apr. 3-6: Natl. Any Doubles-Sun City
Apr. 17-20: Maxine Traschsel Ladies-SDSE
Motion to Adjourn at 11:11 a.m.
Minutes submitted by District 7 Secretary, Janet Langemeier